Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Weekend in Pittsburgh

As I said, I will try to update this blog every few weeks...and I am already finding it difficult to keep up with that! I cannot believe we are nearly halfway through the year and the kids will soon be out of school! As I had mentioned in my first post, God has been leading me this past nine months in a new adventure with photography. It has really been amazing to experience first-hand His guidance and timing in placing me where apparently I need to be for right now. 

Recently I have started spending more time working with my personal camera equipment but last October I started working part-time with Jeremy Hess Photographers and have had a wonderful time getting to know his team of photographers and production staff. I am in the office or working from home two days a week, mainly handling inquiries and business stuff and it has been a blessing to me both personally and professionally. You can check out some of the team's work at www.jeremyhessphoto.blogspot.com  Maybe someday I will get to photograph with them on a more regular basis!

In family news, we trekked out to Pittsburgh last weekend for our annual trip to visit our friends, the McGough's. Bob and Rich went to high school together and he and his wife, Tricia, have three kids the same ages as ours. One might think it a bit chaotic to enjoy spending the weekend with two eight-year-olds, two seven-year-olds and two four-year-olds, but they get along so beautifully that it is well worth it!                                                                                               








No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you can post your thoughts about the pics! If this was your session, feel free to comment or describe a little bit about your experience. If you're just checking out the post, do you have a favorite image? Thanks for sharing ;-)

Links

Photo gallery website for proofing and additional info: www.mycirclephotos.com 


Circle of Life Photography's page on Facebook~ Click HERE to add this page to your favorites!


Michelle Miller allowed me to link to her brilliant post about the art of photographing ... I simply cannot say it better myself! Click HERE to read the post.

Giving Back~ Organizations supported by Circle of Life Photography

In giving back, Circle of Life Photography's main goal is to help those experiencing extreme poverty and nourishing them with food, shelter and spiritual guidance. Education is a big part of helping people learn how to help themselves and change the downward spiral of poverty for a better future for themselves and their children. Locally, a more tangible way of giving back is through using my photography gifts to serve others who are experiencing crisis (see NILMDTS and Pillows of Love.)


Compassion International~ Haiti's Child Survival Project

http://www.compassion.com/contribution/csp/default.htm

In 2011-12, Circle of Life Photography makes a monthly $30 donation to the non-profit organization, Compassion International, whose goal is to change Haiti through the rescue, nuture and discipling of children during the critical early childhood years.


Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Foundation

http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation (NILMDTS) gently provides a helping hand and a healing heart for families overcome by the grief and pain of the death of their newborn or infant. Offering gentle and beautiful photography services in a compassionate and sensitive manner is the heart of this organization. The soft, gentle heirloom photographs of these beautiful babies are an important part of the healing process. They allow families to honor and cherish their babies, and share the spirits of their lives. I am an active NILMDTS volunteer photographer for Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Lancaster Women & Babies Hospital.


Joni & Friends Family Retreat

http://www.joniandfriends.org

I am honored to be a volunteer photographer at the Joni & Friends Family Retreat in the Poconos (Spruce Lake Retreat) for a week each summer (click here for past blog post.) Joni & Friends seeks to serve as a ministry of outreach to people with disabilities and their families across the US and around the world. Families from around the country attend Family Retreats seeking relaxation, encouragement and a time to strengthen their family.